- Want your garden to be a place of sanctuary not stress?
- Keen for your plants to have the best chance of thriving?
- Want to maximise and enliven the space you have?
Get some ideas on how and where to start from Sutton Shares member Inge, who will be sharing her expertise as a professional Garden Designer in this exciting Masterclass for anyone who lives, works or visits Sutton.
Topics: Inge will cover a number of key elements of garden design in this 90 minute morning session, with some flexibility based on what is most useful to participants:
- Principles of Design: how to combine shapes and colour for maximum impact
- Picking Perfect Plants: looking at key elements like light and moisture to choose plants that thrive
- Primrose vs Pagoda: balancing hard landscaping design and plant design
- Promising Products: getting inspired with latest innovations in garden products
- Practical Experience: apply what you’re learning to our garden at the Volunteer Centre
- Problem Clinic: ask your own questions about aspects of horticulture and design
You’ll see lots of images and have lots of discussion throughout the 90 minutes.
Please note that the focus of the entire session is garden design, not specifically horticulture, so this isn’t the session to ask for tips on maximising this year’s yield of tomatoes!
Cost: 1.5 time credits. If you’re already a Sutton Shares member, we’ll handle the payment for you; if you’re not, you are very welcome to book in – all we’d ask is that you sign up before attending the session!
What to bring: you don’t need to bring anything for this session!