- Tried to make your own bread before and don’t know where you went wrong?
- Want to sample a variety of artisan loaves in an award-winning community pub?
- Knead to ask an expert Bread Angel about sourdoughs or shaping?
Last year, Sutton Shares member Gaye led our March social event: a breadmaking workshop at the Hope pub in Carshalton. It was so popular, we’re running it again!
In this hands-on masterclass, you’ll be able to:
- Make Soft Breadstickswith different flavours and decorations
- Learn the basic science behind successful breadmaking
- Practise kneading techniquesto ensure your loaves have the perfect crumb
- Sample some artisan loaves and our fresh breadsticks along with a variety of cheeses and chutneys
- Produce good-looking bread by learning about shaping and cutting techniques
- Ask questions about any aspect of breadmaking from a real expert
This Masterclass is open to anyone who lives, works or visits Sutton, with the following provisos!
Cost: 2 time credits and £2 per person.
The time credits cover the time of the workshop, and the £2 cover the cost of the ingredients used and food consumed in the session
If you’re already a Sutton Shares member, we’ll handle the payment for you; if you’re not, you are very welcome to book in, and all we ask is that you sign up to the timebank before attending the session!
What to bring: £2 and an apron to shield your clothes from flour and dough! Please also support the Hope pub by buying a drink or two over the course of the evening!